Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend with Liza in Spore

Liling finally decided to visit - she came on friday to attend the Tempus -watch and time convention. saturday, we brought her to try out brunch at Din Tai Fung, then left her to attend her seminar. Jin and i got busy - first stop was to shop for a new pair of glasses for me. My eyes are still inflamed so decided to stay of contacts till they stop protesting, Bought a versus branded for $200 frame only. took us less than 10 minutes to decide on the design as we were rushing for our massage session. see the new look me :)

Sat evening, we brought liza to try out Coriander Leaf at Clark Quay. Hv always wanted to check out this restaurant but there are always soo many new restaurants to try in spore...anyway, happy to note that the food was good, although a tad on the pricier side. we saved our stomachs for dessert at Highlander cafe..the scene at Clark Quay was noisy with the rugby season in full swing..here's Jin playing around with one of the chairs from Clinic Bar.



Sunday was a packed packed day..got woken up by Jin wayy too early so that got me on a pretty stoned mood the rest of the day. We took Liza for katong laksa and then after dropping her off, made our way to the driving range. Then it was a quick rush to Clark Quay to watch the Spore Duck Race on the Spore river..the start off time was delayed 1 hour so I had plenty of time to watch the 2 boys next to me hunt for spiders..good grief,...why can't boys be clean like girls? :p

The ducks were off loaded from 2 big trucks..we did not manage to take a close up of the ducks but jin said they were really cute with sunnies on them :)..here's a pix i "stole" from the official website. Anyway, I thought it was Ok to wait an hour to see the water filled with yellow duckies.



And then as we were walking off, we bumped into William and Jenny and of course Bailey the doggy..he's so big now! Very beautiful dog but forgot to take pix of him..all's not lost as William has invited us for dinner so will get my chance to take Bailey's pix soon :)

Sunday evening, I joined Liza at St James powerhouse for the Horumundi Pajama Party. My first PJ party and it was quite odd to be walking around in the open in my PJs :)..however, i survived and also was glad to attend as I managed to pose with 2 slippery cold "friends" :D.

No comments: