Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gosh, I do miss home..

Don't get me wrong, I love being on holidays (who doesn't!) but this also usually means sophie sharing the bed wth us...and , here is what happens from 8.30pm onwards nightly.

830pm : pats and sing song to sleep (depending on how tired bean is, this could take 10 minutes or like tonight, 4 hours - on and off of sleep attempts)
1am : she stirrs, i wake and instinctively, starts patting her..she falls back into a sleepy slumber
4am : she wakes and I do mean wakes. sits up on the bed, starts touching her face to mine, does her mumble jumble, plays with bunny and wwf me. what is wwf? she sits on me, on my face, insists on lying on my chest, all the while, moving and wriggling non stop. from the sidelines, it's pretty funny to watch but def not if you are part of the process. I can usually hear Jin snickering in the background when my face is being sat on with a full diaper too.
6am - she finally decides that her mummy has been tortured enough and heads back to dreamland..sometimes on her own, exhausted by her own play..sometimes, with me losing patience and giving her a good scolding, where she will hurriedly, lay still and close her eyes tightly, all the while, stuffing bunny into her face (bunny gives her comfort when mummy scolds her :P)
8am - up and about and if i pretend to sleep, she puts her finger to her lips and says SHHH (loudly!) and then 2 seconds later, starts her whole wwf routine on me.

back home, this would be her sleep routine :

8pm : good night sweet bean and it's lights off and door close (no patting). she tries her luck by fake crying but after 2-5 minutes, she figures that no one was coming in so she grabs bunny, stuff her choot choot into her mouth and falls to sleep in a yoga child pose position (very entertaining watching all this from the baby monitor :)
8am : rise and shine.

BLISS! now that's why I miss home. Jin is of course less affected here..he took matters into his own hands by moving to the floor after a week of being kicked around. now he sleeps peacefully and can even tell me in the morning, " no la, she slept through the night wat"

ON the other hand, i do love the touch of her warm skin and smell of her sweet breath next to me everynight..

ok, that just might be the sleep deprived me typing nonsense,

signing out at 515am - mummy who has been awake since 330am and could not fall back to sleep

No comments: