Sunday, April 27, 2008

Babymooning @ Phuket

Just spent 5 excellent days having fun in Phuket. We called it our babymoon as it's kinda the last long trip Jin and I are taking while baby's still in the tummy. Phuket weather was initially drizzly but soon became very sunny the rest of our stay. Infact, I found it a bit too hot but I think the sun-tanners loved it!

Our 1st night, we stayed at the budget Seven Seas hotel as I wanted to be near Patong beach to stroll the markets. Here are pix of the room, hotel and our Honda Jazz we rented for 1000baht a day.

Since we rented a car, we decided to venture to Phuket town for lunch - we visited Tung-Ka Cafe, located on Phuket Hill. The hill reminded me a bit of Mt Faber with it's long winding paths - the restaurant was nested among the foliage with views overlooking Phuket town. Food was pretty good, we had a papaya salad with grilled pork (yummy!), tom yum goong and squid in lemon and garlic. Actually I wanted fish with lemon and garlic BUT obviously, in my haste to order, I read wrongly and instead of fish, we got squid which Jin got to finish as I am not much of a squid fan :P.

We spent the rest of the day in the new Jungceylon shopping centre where Jin got himself a 400baht facial and I took time off for a pedi and mani. This new shopping centre is quite well done - reminded us a bit of the US styled concept centres with it's open areas. Of course, no day in Phuket would be complete without our massages..Jin went to the luxurious Mind Body spa for his while I headed to a no name street corner shop for mine as Mind Body only wanted to do full body aromatherapy massage for me and all I wanted was a good ol shoulder massage :p

Day 2, we left Patong and headed north to Marriot's Phuket Beach Club, our home for the next 4 days. I have to admit that I gave Jin quite a hard time on his choice of accommodation as Marriot's located by itself , away from civilization - ie, shops, massage and food. However, our 2 bedroom suite with full amenities as well as the amazing gounds (swimming pools) soon changed my mind. We spent the most of Day 3 and 4 lazing by the pools, eating at the resort's restaurants, having smoothies, having beach massages and calling them back to the room for more massages and taking lots of tummy pics. All these coupled with Thai hospitality really made this one wonderful vacation!

This was breakfast at Siam Deli.

We called in room service one night as Jin wanted to watch the MU vs Chelsea match.

Dinner at the Andaman Grill - we sat through a time share talk by the resort and got complimentary eating vouchers worth 4000baht so we had quite a feast with Jin's sirloin steak and my Jumbo grilled prawns. YUMS! Check out our new hair cuts :)

Felt quite sad when it was time to go home..sigh, why must holidays always end so fast! :p..hopefully we can return in November when Lyn and family visits :)

No comments: