Monday, April 28, 2008

Wedding Cake course - completed :)

Yay! After 4 gruelling Mondays, standing on my feet for close to 6 hours each session, I finished my wedding cake course with Creative Culinaire - headed by Chef Judy. After all the hours of learning to hand make the flowers, I now understand why people charge what they charge for a price of the cake..it's def not the taste that matters but the LOOK..and the LOOK takes sooooo much time to create. Each petal lovingly hand moulded, pressed, stucked, coloured..the list goes on!


Have to admit that I prob wont attempt to make another cake - it's wayy too much hard work..but the course was a true eye opener and I actually really enjoyed the learning process. Chef Judy's an angel - she's very patient, extra bubbly and just a nice person to hang out with.

Did not manage to take a group picture with the class but here's my table mate : Margaret (who coincidently also works with HP - one of the many many depts) who helped me a great deal with the kitchen equipment and making me laugh with her "absentmindedness" :)


No comments: