Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our baby turns 1 month

Last Saturday we celebrated Sophie turning a month old! We started the day with a few traditional rituals : cutting her nails, trimming her hair and letting her bath in a flower bath. Of the 3, she def enjoyed the bath the most! Can just imagine her saying : wow, this is kinda exotic :)

We held a small party for her and lots of uncles and aunties came to visit. Sophie was on her best behaviour throughout the 3 hours, letting everyone carry her with not even a whimper. After the party, it was time to say goodbye to her nanny and I think all of us felt sad..Sophie wailed like crazy after aunty left and I attributed it to missing the aunty and over stimulation from the party. That night, Jin and I had to carry her to sleep..boy, we had no more feeling in our arms after that.


Next day, we decided to take her out - our first time out shopping with her without the aunty! We went to Vivo and tried to have lunch..she got cranky midway through our Jap lunch so we had to do the tag team..I ate first, then Jin ate while I fed her the bottle to keep her from disturbing the other patrons with her loud wails! (btw, sophie totally hates the pacifier..darn!)

It's hard to believe this little one was in me just 30 over days ago..she's like a little person now and growing up soo fast..Jin and I always look at her when she's asleep and tell her not to grow up too fast..we like her at this stage..tiny, innocent and oh so cute. I got Jin to take mutiple shots of baby and me..I want to remember her at every stage as she grows soo fast!




That sunday evening, we took her for a long stroll..she slept all the way.. Here's Jin immitating the words of her romper which says : My Dad is stronger that your Dad ;)


Our little Sophie bean - can you stay a bean for a little longer? Don't grow up too fast ok? (Sophie and her bunny friend given by aunty Lynda in what Jin calls her "spider" pose - arms and legs spread open :)


No comments: