Thursday, October 2, 2008

1st day back at work after 3.5 months!

It seemed like only last week when I blogged about my last day of work pre delivery..where did the time go? Last night, I carefully laid out the work clothes and got ready my laptop and all the bottles and pump for expressing milk at work.

This morning, Soph woke up at 6am (she slept from 10pm till 6am ~ what an angel!) and after feeding her, she fell back into a sleepy slumber , not before giving me some of her sweet smiles :). I tried going back to bed but my mind kept thinking of work and I got a bit anxious that I would forget something so after 30 minutes of tossing and turning, I gave Jin a quick hug and good morning kiss and hopped out of bed to quickly pump.

We left the house at 8am, I had to wake little bean and thankfully, she was all smiles all the way to Diana's house. My table at work looked the same as it was when I left..except for 2 layers of dust! I jokingly asked Adrian why didn't he do some cleaning and he defensively replied - do I look like I do cleaning? - blah, spoilt! :D

Lunch was at the good ol cafetaria..the smell and food have not changed..i was kinda hoping they did :P . I managed to pop into the nursing room to express before lunch..it was ok - comfy chairs and private curtain drawn cubicles..I just wished they put in a steriliser too.

The rest of the afternoon was a blurr as sleep was what I needed most. I managed to leave early to fetch Sophie home..it felt so nice to hold my baby girl in my arms again after 8 hours -our longest time being apart since she was born :(..I really missed her while at work..hmm, I think I will go wake her up now to cuddle :)

2 comments:

Lynda Ng said...

hehe..:) Did Sophie miss you? You should visit her during lunchtime..;) You can also buy a another steriliser for work. Could be worth it..:D

Truly Us said...

hmm, i wld like to say she misses me ;)..cos she stares at me all the way to and fro :P

blah, i just dont understand how come no steriliser..anyway, i sterilise b4 i go to work and since i only pump once, it's oki la :)